Before we know it, the school holidays will come to a screeching halt and you and your little ones will need to be #TermReady.
Avoid back to school stress with our tips for bossing September, one little victory at a time.
1. September isn’t just a chance for little ones to reunite with their pals – it’s also the start of the party season for head lice. Use Vosene Kids Squeaky Clean 3in1 Shampoo and Conditioning Defence Spray for tangle-free, shiny hair and to help prevent head lice bringing the party back to your house.
2. Peeling your offspring from the bedsheets on time after six weeks of fun and games can be a challenge. Why not create a playlist of their favourite songs to energise them and put some spring in their step?
3. Don’t let any last-minute washing up stall the daily race to the school gates. Buy two lunchboxes per little one to make sure you always have one handy. This is what smart parenting looks like!
4. A little white lie never hurt anyone, did it? Why not create extra time in the morning by setting the clocks ten minutes early without your little ones knowing. It could be the precious few minutes you need to find that buried PE kit or enjoy your morning cup of tea.
5. If a stitch in time saves nine, then a felt tip pen can save thousands. Buy yourself a laundry marker rather than laboriously stitching in name labels, and pop a layer of clear nail varnish over school uniform buttons to stop them falling off. We think this last one is genius, if we do say so ourselves.
6. Don’t make work for yourself by washing hair too often – two to three times a week should do the trick. That’s why it’s a smart move to buy a shampoo that leaves hair super clean and smelling fresh for longer.
7. Odd socks are the scourge of every household. But you can guarantee you’ll always have a matching pair by only buying one type of school sock. You might also save yourself some of those excruciating ‘I don’t want those ones’ arguments first thing in the morning.
8. There are enough distractions competing for your child’s attention over the course of the school day. Don’t let head lice be one of them. Try our Squeaky Clean Conditioning Defence Spray in the morning to detangle knots before tieing long hair back for school; not only will it help to avoid tangle-based tantrums but the natural head lice repellent will help to give you both peace of mind in the plight against head lice.
9. Getting little ones to eat on time without making an unholy mess is a challenge, even for the best of us. Smooth the path to victory by keeping breakfast items in low cupboards so they can help themselves, kitting them out in aprons to keep uniforms clean.
10. Even if everything goes like clockwork 99.9% of the time, there will be those days when no one wakes up, the milk has gone off and the dog’s eaten everyone’s homework. Avoid getting thrown off your stride by keeping a supply of healthy breakfast snacks in the glove box or your handbag.